Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Access to the New York Times online
Sacred Heart now has an academic pass license to the NYTimes.com available for students, faculty, and staff. You must use your SHSST email address to set up an account.
What is included:
- Unlimited access to current content posted to NYTimes.com, including the international edition, blogs, and more.
- Unlimited access to archived content published prior to 1923 and after 1980.
- Five free articles per day for issues published between 1923-1980.
- Access to the New York Times through a variety of phone and tablet apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and Kindle Fire.
- Custom alerts, sharing, and commenting.
What is NOT included:
- Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps.
- Any other premium/subscription-based New York Times apps.
- Times Premier.
- The ability to share your Academic Pass digital access with others.
- Anyone with an active shsst.edu email address can enroll in the program licensed through Leo Dehon Library.
- Alumni, community users, patrons from other SWITCH schools, and others without an shsst.edu email address are not eligible.
- Family members and other dependents are not eligible.
How to enroll:
- You need to have a valid shsst.edu email address and access to that email account.
- You must log in to or create an NYTimes.com account with your shsst.edu email address.
- You cannot claim an Academic Pass if you are already a digital access subscriber.
- Visit the website nytimes.com/passes to enroll.
How to use the pass:
- After activating a pass, you need to be logged in to your NYTimes.com account on the device you are using to read New York Times content. While logged in, you can access unlimited content from any network or location for the duration of your pass.
Research & Technology Librarian